An error occurred. Try again later.
Thank you for applying.
Apply for the role of:
Graduate Innovation Engineer/Intern
Magway is an electric, zero-emissions underground delivery system. Faster, smarter, safer, and cheaper than existing solutions, it has the capacity to take up to 90% of delivery vehicles off our roads, drastically reducing congestion, pollution and the carbon footprint of shopping online.
We are scaling rapidly and are seeking enthusiastic Graduate Innovation Engineers and Summer Interns to join our multi-award-winning Engineering Team to design and deliver industrial digital and physical systems for our game-changing technology. We have openings in our Mechanical, Electrical, Software Engineering and Industrial Design Teams. Internships usually run July – September and Graduates join us in October, but we can be flexible.
Our people are experts in their fields; motivated, creative, and sociable. We all contribute to Magway’s culture of sustainability, self-determination, and collaboration – our DNA.
About the role:
Having a broad interest in technology, you will be adaptable and passionate about getting things done right. Based at our Wembley development facility, you will be working with the Magway Engineering team to:
· Design, document and develop functionality in our feature great engineering is our passion.
· Maintain our demonstration and test tracks – we love to experiment and show the world our success.
· Contribute to multi-disciplinary meetings – we succeed as a team; people are our strength.
You could be working on:
· Track design and construction methodology
· Loading and unloading system design
· Carriage design, dynamics, aerodynamics and optimisation
· High bandwidth data acquisition and modern data science techniques
· Producing and visualising proof of concepts using web and game technologies
· Design, coding and testing of core software features, including control systems, using modern software practices
· Energy consumption optimisation
· Motors, controllers and power supply design and installation
· Materials sourcing, investigation and specification
You may have some of this experience:
· CAD design – we usually use Solidworks [Elec, Mech & Design]; and Rhino [Design]
· Finite element analysis [Mechanical Team]
· An interest in coding such as Matlab; Python; C# [Software Team].
· Working with a team to develop and deliver a project;
· Investigating new and emerging technologies, innovations, and opportunities;
· Presenting your ideas;
You will need to have this:
· A Masters Degree (or working towards) in Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial Design, Physics or related discipline.
· Ability to work well in teams.
· A willingness to learn and develop new skills
· The right to work in the UK.
· Welcome you to our inclusive team.
· Empower you to contribute from day one.
· Give you autonomy and support you in solving challenges.
· Listen and respond to your needs… Flexible working and all necessary training for your role.
· Respect your working and homelife balance.
To apply for any of the programmes, please send a CV, Cover letter, a response to the below questions and some examples of work you are most proud of to email@example.com. The closing date for applications will be the 14th ofJanuary 2022.
1. What challenges do you see Magway facing?
2. What would you bring to the team?
3. Which role (grad/intern/other) are you applying for?
Magway is an electric, zero-emissions underground delivery system. Faster, smarter, safer and cheaper than existing solutions, it has the capacity to take up to 90% of online delivery vehicles off our roads, drastically reducing congestion, pollution and the carbon footprint of shopping online.
Magway can deliver the equivalent of 3000 articulated lorry loads through each 1m diameter pipe, every single day. Giving you what you want when you want it.
We are not just changing the game; we are changing the world.